Software Architect Engineer
Hi, my name is Joe Kramer and I like to build things for the web. I craft new websites and apps from scratch that are innovative next generation technologies and experiences, and a few award winning. I have cultivated many valuable skills over my seventeen years in the tech industry. While I have a diverse set of skills, I still absolutely love coding. I’m a thoroughbred engineer ready to take on any challenge.
Primary Tech Stack
- I have an affinity for all things art and engineering, but my expertise is in custom designing new enterprise level applications from scratch.
- Well-rounded professional software engineer with over sixteen years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining diverse sets of technologies for small businesses, startups, and large international corporations.
- Committed to meeting industry standards and best practices. Establishes processes, workflow, communication, and tools for an effective and efficient engineering team. Writes exceptionally clean and documented code.
- Lifelong learner. Constantly researching and testing new technologies and processes.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of the complete life cycle of development: from discovery and business analysis, defining requirements and priorities, user experience design, full stack development, testing and debugging, to deployment of product releases.
- Decisive leader of initiatives to promote organizational growth and optimal utilization of emerging technologies.
- Excellent collaboration skills. Works great in small teams as well as individually and remotely. Helps teach and train others with valuable insight. Helps others troubleshoot coding problems and debugging.
- Skilled in solving extremely complex logic problems in large systems as well as applying artistic visual qualities in extraordinary precision and detail.
- Built enterprises from concept into production with millions of users.
- Exceptional at finding and recruiting the best engineers, and building teams with a great culture.
- Communication with clients to articulate and simplify complex technology, demo products, and assist with questions and integrations.
Software Architect Engineer
New features and bug fixes to data reporting internal tools using TypeScript and ReactJS. Adobe Photoshop UXP plugin using TypeScript.
Director of Engineering
Leading Front End development with offshore team on an innovative next generation security solution for enterprises that encrypts, injects rights management, and traceability into documents. Successfully implemented workflow, processes, tools, and communication to get the stalled project organized and back on track to deliver new features and bug fixes. Working with clients on testing, implementation, and features.
Senior Software Engineer
Developed next gen video player agnostic AdTech container system to display a variety of ad formats (traditional and next gen) on top of or around the video player on desktop and mobile devices using TypeScript. Successfully completed the project months ahead of schedule and rolled out to clients using 20 different video providers proving the system to be player agnostic, adaptable, and configurable.
Joe is a brilliant full-stack engineer with a proven track record of success. He is highly skilled in a plethora of programming languages. Joe’s grit is unmatched and he can bring small to enterprise level products to life. One strength is Joe’s ability to deal with conflicting priorities in high-pressure situations. He never loses his cool which is one of the reasons he stands out. I had the pleasure of working with him at a startup. He trained me in product design (UX/UI) and pushed my knowledge of IT and business to new heights. As a leader, he is always available to help. Joe also allows you to have autonomy on projects, which keeps employees happy and helps them to grow. He has helped mentor and train junior to mid-level developers who are now successful. I saw some of the new technologies he created for a company. He was able to create a new interactive tool that was a first of its kind. I won’t be surprised if he has a unicorn in the near future. Any company that hires him is fortunate because he will be an asset.
Right from the start, I could tell that Joe was experienced, patient, and a unicorn. During the time I worked with him, I learned of and appreciated his resilient nature that was extremely necessary in a startup. He was always understanding and consistently helped me with my career progression throughout Grabit. His skills communication and management was great, given our remote environment. Joe asked all the critical questions, poked holes into everything and was a architecture wizard. He was a critical part of my personal growth and I value him as a friend. Cheers to crossing paths again professionally!
Joe is hands down one of the most versatile and talented people I have ever had the pleasure to know or work with. He has an experienced, honed, and effective set of engineering skills that allow him to tackle problems all the way from complex architecture design, through to complete software. His technical ability and personality make him the type of leader you WANT to follow. Joe is always looking out for everybody on his team, and beyond his ability to create great products, he is just an excellent leader overall. He truly invests himself in everything he makes, and the people he works with. Anybody, including myself, would be lucky to have him as part of a team.
"Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground."
- Wilferd Peterson
Belief in the best of outcomes and stiving to make it reality.
Ongoing expansion of knowledge and skill sets to arrive prepared in a continuously changing environment. I'm a life long learner and always trying to better myself.
Making up your mind that you're going to achieve a goal, and taking action to keep pushing forward until it's accomplished.
Generating or recognizing ideas, possibilities, and alternatives that are new and valuable, that may be useful in solving problems, communicating, or entertainment.